Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The real Reason for the Season

This year I braved the mall with three kids alone. Not totally alone as I went with Jonelle and her two boys, but I was a little nervous to venter the crowds without Jeff as a back-up. Nonetheless, the line wasn't too bad at Rivertown Mall this year and the kids surely didn't mind waiting! They were all so well-behaved and it couldn't have gone any better.

While I love the idea of the jolly ole' elf himself, Jeff and I are sure not to dismiss the real reason for the season. Each year the kids get a present or two from Santa and they know the rest are paid for with dad and mom's hard earned dough. We take the time to make sure that the kids understand that Christmas is not about all the presents, pretty lights and Santa. It is the day of Christ's birth and the real reason we celebrate. This Christmas, we wish you all a very blessed Christmas and the happiest of New Years!



Caedyn was mesmorized with Santa's beard. I am just thankful she didn't scream!

No comments:

Post a Comment