Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First Day of School 2010




We have had a whirlwind summer and I can't believe school is finally here. Cam started second grade at Bauerwood Elementary and Case is in pre-school at Cottonwood Christian. Both boys have grown over an inch a piece and outgrown nearly all of their clothes. I am amazed every year at the rate they grow! And I wonder why we go through nearly four gallons of milk a week? Crazy. Both boys were excited to start school and back to their normal routine. Since my work schedule doesn't change much, the kids stayed on 8pm bedtimes and early rising all summer long so I am thankful that this transition was an easy one. It is definetely different getting THREE kids ready in the mornings now and without help. I like to say it is 3 against 1 and almost every morning the 3 win. I do have a pretty good routine going though; you almost have to to survive!

I am looking forward to Case's last year at Cottonwood (yeah for less expenses!) and Cam starting a more rigorous academic routine. He is learning Chicago math, and for those of you who haven't had the "pleasure" of this learning style..watch out. Be prepared to go back to school yourself and learn it. It is much different than the style we are used to in carrying the one and adding the zero when multiplying. FUN. I mean that with every ounce of sarcasm possible. I am thankful that Cam loves school and is very intelligent. I know, I know, every parent thinks their kid is sooo smart, but really, Cam never studies (lucky us) and gets 100% on all his spelling and vocab every week. He is a natural. I like to say Cam will be our brain and Case our braun. I am looking forward to seeing what the future and this school year will bring. I am sure God will provide and continue to bless our family. It is amazing what he has done for us thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment