Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Boo!



I love Halloween. There is something about the excitement in my children's eyes that gets me. I love picking out costumes with them, buying loads of candy to pass out and getting them dressed three hours before they are supposed to go out. I think I secretly I also love it because I remember how much fun it was to trick or treat with all my neighborhood friends. And yes, when a teenager, throw together a costume and be one of those kids that are "too old" to trick or treat. GRRRR....

It seems like the last few years we have had rain and 40 degree weather that cut our festivities short. This year, the weather was great. No rain, a little chilly but very tolerable. Cam chose to be a ninja once again (too bad last year's costume didn't fit), Case was a dragon and Caedyn was a ballerina. The kids looked so stinkin' cute!

Our neighborhood caters to a lot of kiddos each year and I usually go through close to 300 pieces of candy. This year was no exception. I think we had a more trick or treaters this year because the holiday was celebrated on both Saturday and Sunday depending on where you lived. It is so nice to live in a subdivision where all the parents know one another and where we can walk with our kids or let them run ahead and not worry. The majority of the neighborhood even incorporated a new adult only trick or treat festivity as well. :) It was a great night.


Caedyn caught red handed in the "candy" jar.

This picture of the kids makes me laugh. Case and his facial expressions are priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment